The congregation of Bethia United Methodist Church is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all children, youth, workers, and volunteers who participate in ministries and activities sponsored by the church. The following policy statements reflect our congregation’s commitment to preserving this church as a holy place of safety and protection for all who would enter and as a place in which all people can experience the love of God through relationships with others.
- No adult who has been convicted of child abuse (either sexual abuse, physical abuse, neglect, emotional abuse, or ritual abuse) should volunteer to work with children or youth in any church-sponsored activity.
- All adult volunteers involved with children or youth of our church must have been members of the congregation for at least six months before beginning a volunteer assignment.
- Adult volunteers with children and youth shall observe the “Two Adult Rule” at all times so that no adult is left alone with children or youth on a routine basis.
- Adult volunteers with children and youth shall attend regular training and educational events provided by the church to keep volunteers informed of church policies and state laws regarding child abuse.
- Adult volunteers shall immediately report to their supervisor any behavior that seems abusive or inappropriate.
To volunteer at Bethia United Methodist Church, please download and complete the Background Check Form below and return it to the Safe Sanctuaries Background Check Box located across from the Bistro by the mailboxes.